Sunday, May 11, 2014

Reflections

After my struggle with my ruler attachment, I wonder if maybe there's a better way to approach this task outside of this class. I can't come up with a better material, I think that a good durable plastic would do the trick, but I wonder if there's a better way that eliminates the issues I ran into during printing. The only way to print the piece is with the bottom piece down, so that no support material blocks the slot. Additionally, I had to remove the top piece because it would require support material to print, and results in support material in the slot, both on the top and the bottom, and in the side pieces as well. Is there a way to change where the support material is added? Regardless, the print I have now work fine, but the one issue with printing with the bottom down is that it warps, which is unfortunate when that piece is supposed to be creating a straight edge. In other news, I wanted to add a level on it somewhere but I couldn't find any reliable, small bubble levels that would work for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment